Do you have some fresh venison in your freezer with which you are dying to try something new? Our friends over at Huntress in the Kitchen have a great recipe for you to try! It is simple, quick, and very tasty! Here is how you make it:
- 1 lb ground venison
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 oz dry extra-wide pasta ribbons
- 1 cup sour cream
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the skillet into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pot. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground venison and continue to cook, breaking up the venison with a spoon as it cooks, until it is browned and cooked through. Sprinkle the paprika over the top, and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth and the pasta. Bring to a light boil, then cover the pot. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 18-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley
Give it a try and tell us what you think! While you’re at it, head over to Huntress in the Kitchen to get even more delicious recipes for your wild game kitchen fare.